How to split a CSV file and save the files as Google Sheets files
The easiest way to split a CSV file and save directly to Google Sheets
SplitCSV.com is the easiest way to split a large CSV file (with a file extension of .csv) file into multiple files. If you have a CSV file that is too large to open in a specific program (like Excel or Google Sheets) because it uses too much memory or hits the row/column limit, SplitCSV.com can help you break it apart into smaller files and save each file as a Google Sheet, ready to use! Here is the easiest way to split a CSV file and save the individual split files as Google Sheets.
- Go to https://www.splitcsv.com/.
- Click the Choose File button and upload a CSV file or Excel file: you can also choose a file from Google Drive, or another Google Sheet as your source. Once the file is uploaded and processed, select the Split Options button to continue.
- Once the Split Options page loads, select your split options: below, we are splitting by value. Click the Output Details button to continue.
- On the Output Details page, click the Individual Google Sheets Files button.
- You can then click the Drive button to open the Google Drive picker and select the destination folder to write the files to. Once you've selected the folder, click the Select button.
- The Output Details page will now show the output location. You can click the Advanced Options button to continue.
- You can now select any advanced options, including dropping specific columns, re-ordering the output column order or adding new additional columns. Select Confirm Order to verify your selections.
- Once your selections are verified, click the Split button.
- The split will show progress updates: note that it may take additional time to upload the data to Google Sheets.
- Once the split is complete, you can click on the View button to open the Google Drive folder so you can see the sheets.
- Each of the Google Sheets will be saved to a single Google Drive folder.
- You can now open any of the individual files in Google Sheets.