Split a CSV file into individual files based on a column value
Separate a CSV file into multiple files based on the value of a specific column
SplitCSV.com is the easiest way to split a large CSV file (with a file extension of .csv) file into multiple files. If you have a CSV file that is:
- too large to open in a specific program (like Excel or Google Sheets) because it uses too much memory or hits the row/column limit.
- Has multiple rows you want to separate out into individual files based on the value of a specific column.
You can often break it apart into smaller files and then load each file individually. smaller files. Here is the easiest way to split a CSV file based on the value of a specific column:
- Go to https://www.splitcsv.com/
- Click the Choose File button and upload a CSV file or Excel file. Once the file is uploaded and processed, select the Split Options button to continue.
- Once the Split Options page loads, click on the Value tab.
- Select the column to be used for the split.
You can then select any other options and continue using all the existing Split CSV features, exactly the same as if you uploaded a CSV file or pasted in some content. Once the order is completed, you’ll be able to download the zip files.