Split a CSV file into multiple files
How to split a CSV file into multiple files
Split CSV is the easiest way to split a CSV file into multiple files. If you have a CSV file that is too large to open in a specific program (like Excel or Google Sheets) you can often break it apart into smaller files and then load each file individually. smaller files. Here is the easiest way to do it:
- Go to https://www.splitcsv.com
- Click the Choose File button and select your CSV file. The file will begin uploading immediately.
- Indicate whether or not there is a header section, and if so how many lines should be copied into each split file.
- You can choose how to split the file: you can limit the number of rows in each file (by selecting the Rows tab and entering the maximum number of rows in each file), the size of each file (by selecting the Size tab and then entering the appropriate size in bytes) or specify the exact number of files to produce (by selecting the Files tab and then entering the number of files to output). The image below shows an example of limiting the file size.
- Press the Confirm button to verify the choices, then press the Split button to queue the split up and view the receipt.
- The split will be queued for completion, and should be executed shortly. The receipt page will refresh to include a link to the split results: all results will be zipped up for download.
All uploaded files will be kept for at most 7 days before being deleted: depending on volume it could be earlier. At no time is the original source file downloadable, and the link to download the results will only be available on the receipt page, no where else.